Monday, December 14, 2009

Week 16 Challenge - Day 6

Hallelujay! I'm in the home stretch with my posts so the pressure for that is easing. However the pressure for actually accomplishing something with my writing, and discovering what may be blocking me, is still sitting in the back of my mind, challenging me.

I'm learning, these last few days, forcing myself to push everything else aside and focus on my writing, is in fact working to make things easier. The analytical thinking rears it's ugly head less and less often. When it does come up, although it takes me a little bit to push through it, when I do things come much easier than before with fewer relapses.

Wow, now that I think about it, it's starting to sound almost like a disease. Could writers block really be a disease? Could fear of failure in writing be classified as a psychological illness? I need to remember this so if I do publish a book and this happens again, maybe I can claim disability!

At any rate if it is a disease, there is sure to be a cure, and I finally think I'm on the way to figuring it out. Oh sure, it won't be as easy as popping pills but it means I can be cured, even if the cure proves difficult to swallow.

All posts are to be put in for this course no later than noon on the 16th. I actually plan to have all my posts completed tomorrow (only two more left!!) but I will in fact save a last post for this theme. I won't be able to make any other posts to this theme until then because as I said, I've put everything else aside to work on this classes assignments, and now I need to catch up on those. But in this second to last week 16 theme post, I do feel it is important to say it again (in type and out loud) I am accomplishing what I set out to - I understand myself better and I'm working, even if slowly, towards breaking free and being able to write with confidence, risk, and hope.

1 comment:

  1. "Confidence, risk, and hope"--those are the feelings a writer should bring to the keyboard, certainly. They're not much different than the "faith, hope, and charity" St Paul says we need to bring to our lives.

    ReplyDelete