Ok, days are sort of blending together now. For that last posting I simply told the story I wanted to without worrying about how exactly it fit the theme. I think it did, I think I said what I wanted to say in the way I wanted to say it, and surprisingly enough - it just happened.
I'm too tired to really analyze what this might mean (have I made a major breakthrough, am I onto something, maybe a path to realizing my dreams, could it really be this simple) but at least I am coherant enough to realize it means something. Maybe it's simply that I need to be tired, on that border between reality and dreams, in order to give up the excess critical thinking? Or maybe I've got to be in the mood to vent, put everything in that mindset, to have the flow happen easily? See there? I'm so tired I forgot I wasn't going to analyze this now.
I think after this weekend I'm going to try a little experiment. I'm going to schedule some time, every day, to just write/type - even if it's just the same word over and over again (although I hope not because that would be incredibly boring!!) and see what happens. I say after the weekend because I'll need that long to take care of my other items and catch up on some sleep!
Man I'm tired! Hmmmm....feels a bit like deja vu...I think I've said this before.....
Many writers schedule themselves. Anthony Trollope famously finished a novel nearly at the end of his session but, rather than kick back and feel the triumph, wrote "Chapter 1" and began his new novel in the few minutes he had left.
ReplyDeleteThat's discipline!
I'd say!! I think I would have kicked back with a glass of wine and a toast to myself for the last few minutes. Although that could be because it would be a new feeling for me and treasuring it would be far greater an emotional high than actually starting something new so quickly.
ReplyDeleteI can see the merits in it though. Knowing how hard it is to get published, even if you're a great writer the only way you can enusre that something gets published is if you have a number of somethings. Right?
I think it was more just that he was a fellow in thrall to his clock. If he was supposed to write two hours, he wrote 2 hours, not 1:56.
ReplyDelete